Lima. Named as a World Heritage Site by Unesco, the Peruvian capital is a sample of history and modernity. Its historic centre maintains the colonial architectural complexes that coexist closely with the Pacific Ocean and a characteristic Bohemian essence. Cusco. The ancient Inca capital is a unique mix of pre-Columbian past with Spanish architecture. Its temples, squares and streets are surrounded by hills between which amazing sites such as Sacsayhuamán and Qenqo, Puka Pukará and Tambomachay are hidden. Chinchero and Ollantaytambo. Get closer to the millenary legacy and the Andean culture that live in these villages of the Sacred Valley, the heart of the Inca Empire. Machu Picchu. The "lost city of the Incas" is the reason why thousands of people arrive in Peru. Hidden among the vegetation, get closer to our past through its rooms, temples, bridges and religious sites, built in communion with the surrounding landscape.
Select your Own Departure Date
- Indian market. Find your perfect souvenir from Peru in these galleries, from delicate pieces of alpaca wool to handicrafts.
- San Pedro market. Visit the most popular market in Cusco to taste products from the area such as fruit and cheese.
- Sacred Valley Brewery. Relax with a craft beer made with local supplies, accompanied by the sound of the Vilcanota River
Day 1 - ARRIVAL LIMA
- Arrive at Lima Airport. Transportation service and a representative will pick you up from the airport at the scheduled time to transfer you to your hotel in Lima. The Peruvian capital is a modern metropolis full of history, currently undergoing an exciting process of cultural and economic changes. • Overnight at the selected hotel in Lima. • Optional activity: Visit to the Magic Water Circuit and dinner show.
Day 2 - LIMA: CITY TOUR
- Wake up to breakfast in the hotel before hitting the streets of Lima’s old town; a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site packed with fascinating historical buildings. Start with the Larco Museum, located in the traditional Pueblo Libre district, which is housed in a beautifully restored viceregal mansion built on a pre-Columbian pyramid. The museum boasts the world’s most complete pre-Hispanic collection of gold and silver objects, as well as pieces of erotic art. Then visit Casa Aliaga, a colonial mansion granted in 1535 by chief conquistador Francisco Pizarro to Jeronimo de Aliaga, one of his captains. This is the only house from that time that to this day has always been owned by the same family. Continue to a scenic tour in the colonial downtown, which originates and spreads out from the Main Square. Here you can appreciate the grandiose architecture of the Spanish Empire and be amazed by Lima ?s Cathedral. Erected in the 16th century, this building took more than 80 years to complete. After the tour, you’ll be transferred back to the hotel. • Overnight at the selected hotel in Lima. Breakfast included. • Optional activity: Boardwalk of Barranco and gastronomic experience.
Day 3 - LIMA – CUSCO / CITY TOUR AND ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES
- You will be met by one of our representatives in Cusco who will transfer you to your hotel. In the afternoon, enjoy a guided tour of the former capital of the Inca Empire. The tour starts with a visit to Santo Domingo Convent, a large Renaissance-baroque complex, which was built over the Inca Coricancha temple. It was one of the most important temples dedicated to worshipping of the sun, and its foundations are still prominent at the base of the convent. Ancient chronicles say the temple was covered in gold leaf and filled with golden representations of nature. Then, visit the Cathedral, the most imposing monument of the Main Square. Head to the hills above Cusco to visit the remains of the fortress of Sacsayhuaman, whose impressive ramparts offer a stunning panoramic view of Cusco, and the ruins of the temple and amphitheatre of Qenqo, where it is believed the Incas practised agricultural rituals. Admire Qenqo and then finally visit Puka Pukara (‘Red fortress’ in Quechua) an Inca military complex located on a prominent hill. Its dwellings squares, bathrooms, aqueducts, walls, and towers can still be appreciated. Afterwards, return to your hotel. • Overnight at the selected hotel in Cusco. Breakfast included.
Day 4 - SACRED VALLEY: CHINCHERO, LIVING MUSEUM OF YUCAY AND OLLANTAYTAMBOs
- During the morning, you are picked up from your hotel to visit the town of Chinchero, a traditional Cusco urban centre located at an elevated point with a beautiful view of the valley. The inhabitants of this area preserve the artisan traditions and the inherited knowledge of the Incas and display them in their clothes and customs. In Chinchero there are also archaeological remains and a beautiful seventeenth-century church, one of the first Catholic buildings in Peru. Then, you are transferred to the Living Museum of Yucay, an Andean traditions interpretation centre with demonstrations of the production of textile work, adobe, pottery and silverware, following the techniques used by the ancestors. In addition, residents of the museum include llamas, sheep and alpacas, and they can be fed! Upon arriving in Ollantaytambo, inhabited uninterruptedly since Inca times, have a superior Andean gastronomy experience in a restaurant and feel the true spirit of the Sacred Valley, transmitted in a cosy atmosphere! Later, climb the iconic fortress, built next to a mountain. At the end of this activity, you are transferred back to your hotel. *On Sundays, also visit the local market. • Overnight at the selected hotel in the Sacred Valley. Breakfast and lunch included.
Day 5 - SACRED VALLEY – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- Transportation service will pick you up and transfer you to the Ollanta Station to board the train to Aguas Calientes, the nearest town to Machu Picchu. Following a scenic journey through dramatic Andean landscapes, arrive at the station in Aguas Calientes. Here you board a coach for a 25-minute ride to Machu Picchu. The ‘Lost City of the Incas’ is believed to have been built in the 1450s by Inca emperor Pachacuti as a holiday retreat, yet within a century the city would be abandoned following the Spanish conquest. The Spaniards never found it, so it was spared the destruction they brought on other Inca sites. Instead, it was slowly swallowed up by the jungle and hidden from harm. A guided tour explains the origins behind this awe-inspiring citadel, presenting its most prominent landmarks such as the monumental Main Square, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, the Circular Towers, the Sacred Sun Dial, and the Burial Grounds. Return to Aguas Calientes for lunch and then board the train back to Cusco. • Overnight at the selected hotel in Cusco. Breakfast and lunch included.
Day 6 - DEPARTURE CUSCO
- After finishing your breakfast at the hotel, your representative will assist you with check out and accompany you on the short transfer to Cusco’s airport. • Breakfast included.
"The Sanchez family would like to send a heartfelt thank you to Daiquiri Tours in Miami Springs for organizing and booking an Amazing trip for us to London and Paris. No detail was left undone and we were able to just sit back and enjoy the vacation following their wonderful itinerary!!"
Pauline and family- London and Paris
"I had the pleasure of working with Annette on 2 Euro trips. The first one was for our 10 year anniversary. My husband and I went to Italy. Annette made it so easy for us. She made all of our reservations and planned the entire trip. We just had to show up! The next trip… Read more"
Jackie - Europe Trips
"The BEST Ever Havana, CUBA Tour. Annette was excellent! She arranged our tour, gave us an excellent itinerary, and they actually over delivered. Our group of 18 was more than satisfied with the historical overview of Old Havana on our walking tour, we had a delicious Cuban meal at a very nice restaurant, and the… Read more"
Carolyn - Cuba
"We had a great trip and loved the itinerary you had set up for us. Gaby is fabulous and definitely made our experience way more interesting and special (we got super close with her and are definitely staying in touch). The casa particular was beautiful! The family was super helpful and nice, giving us a… Read more"
Miriam - Cuba